As a GroceryList customer, you play an integral role in ensuring that we cultivate and preserve an environment built on a foundation of Safety, Respect, and Integrity for everyone on the platform.
Safety: Safety is our first priority. Every individual should feel comfortable, safe, and secure using the theGroceryList platform. We do not permit any activity that could create unsafe conditions or cause harm to others.
To ensure the highest levels of safety on the platform, we reserve the right to investigate and take action on any instances including, but not limited to, the following:
– Acts of violence or aggression including, but are not limited to assault, violence/threats of violence, aggressive gestures, battery, abusive or threatening mental or verbal treatment, harassment, etc.
– Sexual conduct of any kind involving customers, contractors, or employees of retailers or Instacart while receiving or facilitating services on the platform.
– Brandishing a weapon while receiving services unless state law expressly prohibits this restriction.
– Failure to verify your identity while receiving services on the platform.
– Demanding shoppers enter a residence. GroceryList shoppers are expected to deliver groceries to the customer at their desired address, but are never expected or required to enter the residence of a customer and reserve the right to decline the request.
Respect: From the aisles of the grocery store to customers’ doors and everywhere in between, we strive to create and maintain a welcoming, inclusive, and respectful environment for everyone, at all times. Our expectation is simple: treat others the way you want to be treated.
As part of our continuous effort to promote respect on the platform, we reserve the right to investigate and take action on any instances including, but not limited to, the following:
– Discrimination of any kind on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender or gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, mental/physical condition or disability, age, profession, national origin, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
– Vulgar, inappropriate, intrusive, harassing, the abusive or unwanted language of any kind towards others, whether verbal or written. This includes, but is not limited to, asking overly personal questions of customers, contractors, retailer employees, or GroceryList employees. Please note: Contact information between shoppers and customers is anonymized when interacting through the GroceryList app. You do not need to share your personal phone number or email. The GroceryList app should not be used to communicate for issues other than order items, the status of an order, or the manner of delivery.
– Unwanted physical contact or sexual conduct of any kind involving contractors, retail employees, or Instacart employees while receiving services.
– Intentional property damage or vandalism of any kind.
– Creating disturbances for the surrounding public (e.g. neighbors, co-workers, store employees, security guards, etc).
Integrity: Trust is a key ingredient in our recipe for success as a community. We expect all members of the GroceryList community to be honest and to represent and conduct themselves in a way that fosters trust across the platform.
As part of our continuous effort to promote integrity on the platform, we reserve the right to investigate and take action on any instances including, but not limited to, the following:
– Violation of any local, state, or federal laws while engaging with the GroceryList platform.
– Engaging in the spam or phishing-related activity.
– Abuse and/or manipulation of referral, coupon, or appeasement offerings, loyalty programs, etc.
– Encouraging others to participate in fraud or to disrupt the integrity of the platform.
– Misrepresentation of identity/contact information or providing false information to internal teams during delivery.
– Instances of theft.
– Sharing or distributing personal information of customers, shoppers, retailers, or GroceryList employees. This includes taking screenshots of the GroceryList app while displaying personally identifiable or sensitive information.
– Unauthorized use of GroceryList trademark or intellectual property.
– Providing inaccurate or fraudulent information to GroseryList during the sign-up process or otherwise.
– Holding duplicate accounts.
The Community Guidelines above are not comprehensive and GroceryList reserves the right to suspend or deactivate customer, shopper or retailer accounts for other reasons as deemed necessary in GroceryList’s reasonable and good faith business judgment to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the platform.
If your customer account has been deactivated and you have new information or evidence to show it was in error, please submit your evidence through the form found here.